"GREAT GLEMHAM, a parish in the hundred of Plomesgate, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Framlingham, and 4 S.W. of Saxmundham. Wickham Market is its post town. The land is divided between arable and pasture. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rentcharge of £352 14s. 8d. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the rectory of Little Glemham. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a handsome structure, with a square embattled tower. Glemham House is the principal residence.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Great Glemham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Great Glemham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM336621 (Lat/Lon: 52.207577, 1.41759), Great Glemham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)