"HACHESTON, a parish in the hundred of Loes, county Suffolk, 4 miles S.E. of Framlington railway station. Wickham Market is its post town. The village, which is small, is situated on the river Ore, between the above-named places. It is wholly agricultural. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £278, and the vicarial for one of £169. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Parham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure with a square tower. There are several small charities, including two free schools, one of which was endowed by Edward Porter in 1703, for the education of 12 boys of this and the adjoining parish of Parham. Roman pottery has been found at different times."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)