"HASKETON, a parish in the hundred of Carlford, county Suffolk, 1½ mile NW. of Woodbridge, and 7 miles N.E. of Ipswich. The village is small, but situated in a well-cultivated district. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £396 16s. 5d. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £290. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a brick building with a curious stone tower, the lower part being round, and the upper octagonal. There is a National school. The Rev. Thomas Maude, rector, is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hasketon to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hasketon has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM250506 (Lat/Lon: 52.108006, 1.284886), Hasketon which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)