"HEPWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Blackburn, county Suffolk, 10 miles N.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town, and 5 N.E. of Ixworth. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The village, which is small, is situated on the road from Bury St. Edmund's to Norwich. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £498, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and has a square embattled tower. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. The charities produce about £66 per annum, including 45 acres which were allotted for fuel to the poor at the enclosure of the parish."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)