"HINDERCLAY, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.W. of Botesdale, and 11 N. of Stowmarket. The parish is bounded on the N. by the lesser Ouse, which separates it from the county of Norfolk. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £408. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has a square embattled tower. The charities produce about £25 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hinderclay to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hinderclay has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM026770 (Lat/Lon: 52.353739, 0.973294), Hinderclay which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)