Holton St Peter
"HOLTON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 1 mile E. of Halesworth, its post town. The village, which is small, is situated near the river Blyth, and on the road from Halesworth to Beccles. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The land is fertile, producing good corn crops. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £310, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient edifice, with a Norman tower. There is a free school, also places of worship for Primitive Methodists and Baptists."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Holton St Peter to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Holton St Peter has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM401786 (Lat/Lon: 52.35285, 1.52474), Holton St Peter which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)