Ilketshall St Andrew
"ILKETSHALL ST. ANDREW, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Bungay, its post town. The village is small and principally agricultural. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich, value £130. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has an octangular tower. The charities produce about £22 per annum, the produce of the town estate, which is applied to the repairs of the church. There is a Wesleyan chapel in the village."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ilketshall St Andrew to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ilketshall St Andrew has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM382862 (Lat/Lon: 52.421471, 1.501909), Ilketshall St Andrew which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)