Ilketshall St Lawrence
"ILKETSHALL ST. LAWRENCE, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Bungay, its post town. It is situated on the road to Halesworth, The village is small and wholly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £47. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is a small ancient building, with a square embattled tower, and was repaired in 1841. The register dates from 1559."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ilketshall St Lawrence to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ilketshall St Lawrence has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM371850 (Lat/Lon: 52.411395, 1.485171), Ilketshall St Lawrence which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)