"LITTLE FINBOROUGH, a parish in the hundred of Stow, county Suffolk, nearly 2 miles S. of Great Finborough. Stowmarket is its post town. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a small ancient edifice. There are charities yielding about £12 per annum. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £96.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Little Finborough to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Little Finborough has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM022554 (Lat/Lon: 52.159468, 0.954284), Little Finborough which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)