National Gazetteer, 1868
Middleton - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"MIDDLETON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.E. of Saxmundham, and 2 E. by S. of Yoxford, its post town. The village, which is situated on the river Badingham, is wholly agricultural. The tithes, which were wholly appropriated to Leiston Abbey, have been commuted for a rent-charge of £373 17s. 6d. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Fordley, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, has a thatched roof and spired tower, containing five bells. The interior of the church contains two brasses, bearing dates from 1510. The parochial charities produce about £3 9s. per annum. There is a church school and a place of worship for the Wesleyans."
"FORDLEY, a quondam parish in the parish of Middleton, in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, now united with Middleton, 4 miles E. of Saxmundham. The living is a discharged rectory united to that of Middleton. The church, which stood in Middleton churchyard, has long since fallen to ruins."
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)