"MONK SOHAM, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.E. of Debenham, and 6 N.W. of Framlingham. Wickham Market is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £530. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The register dates from 1712.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Monk Soham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Monk Soham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM214660 (Lat/Lon: 52.24727, 1.242056), Monk Soham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)