"NAUGHTON, a parish in the hundred of Cosford, county Suffolk, 3 miles E. of Bildestone, its post town, and 5 N. of Hadleigh. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is wholly agricultural. The land is chiefly arable. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £193. The church is a neat edifice, dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £1 per annum. Sir Henry Adair is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Naughton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Naughton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM024485 (Lat/Lon: 52.098042, 0.953622), Naughton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)