"NEDGING, a parish in the hundred of Cosford, county Suffolk, 1 mile S.E. of Bildeston, its post town, and 4 miles N.W. of the Hadleigh railway station. The parish, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Bret, and is entirely agricultural. The land is chiefly arable. The surface is gently undulating, and the soil a rich loam. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £190, and the glebe comprises 27 acres valued at £30. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £165. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a small Norman edifice, with a tower containing two bells. The Rev. William Edge is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Nedging to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Nedging has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM008485 (Lat/Lon: 52.098252, 0.930662), Nedging which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)