"NORTH COVE, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, in the county of Suffolk, 2 miles to the E. of Beccles, its post town. It is situated on the river Waveney. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, with Willingham annexed, value £353, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Botolph. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. The principal residence is Cove House.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from North Cove to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which North Cove has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM469901 (Lat/Lon: 52.453017, 1.632111), North Cove which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)