"RAYDON, a parish in the hundred of Samford, county Suffolk, 3½ miles S.E. of Hadleigh, its nearest post town. It is a station on the Hadleigh branch of the Great Eastern railway. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £500, and the glebe comprises 43 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £554. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1682. Mrs. C. Cripps is lady of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Raydon to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Raydon has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM050394 (Lat/Lon: 52.015366, 0.98598), Raydon which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)