"REDISHAM, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 4; miles N.E. of Halesworth, its post town, and 4½ S. of Beccles. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £50. The church; dedicated to St. Peter, has a rich Norman doorway on the S. side. The parochial charities produce about £9 per annum, which goes to Leman's Sunday-school."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Redisham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Redisham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM403845 (Lat/Lon: 52.406031, 1.530833), Redisham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)