"RENDHAM, a parish in the hundred of Plomesgate, county Suffolk, 2½ miles N.W. of Saxmundham, its post town, and 5 from Framlingham. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on a branch of the river Alde, and is chiefly agricultural. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £411, and the vicarial for one of £100, and the glebe consists of 15 acres. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Norwich, value £96, in the patronage of trustees. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient edifice with a tower containing five bells. The interior of the church was restored in 1852. The roof is of carved oak, as is also the pulpit, which bears date 1632. There is also a piscina of great antiquity. The parochial charities produce about £9 per annum. There is a school for both sexes, erected in 1841, the expense being defrayed by. voluntary contributions. The Independents have a place of worship, with a burial-ground and minister's residence adjoining. John Crabtree, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rendham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Rendham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM350652 (Lat/Lon: 52.235196, 1.440872), Rendham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)