"RISHANGLES, a parish in the hundred of Hartismere, county Suffolk, 4 miles S. of Eye, its post town, and 5 E. of Finningham railway station. The village, which is small, is wholly agricultural. The glebe comprises 70 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £323. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is an ancient edifice, with a square embattled tower. The font is of Caen stone. The register dates from 1593. The Wesleyans and Baptists have each a place of worship."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rishangles to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Rishangles has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM161685 (Lat/Lon: 52.271895, 1.166331), Rishangles which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)