"RUSHMERE, a parish in the hundred of Carlford and borough of Ipswich, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.E. of Ipswich, its post town and railway station, and 6 S.W. of Woodbridge. The parish is partly within the liberties of the borough of Ipswich. The impropriate tithes belong to the Marquis of Bristol. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Norwich, value £180. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient edifice, with a tower containing five bells. The register dates from 1582. The Marquis of Bristol is lord of the manor. There is a National school."
"WICKS, (or Wykes Ufford), a hamlet in the parish of Rushmere, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.E. of Ipswich.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)