"SHADINGFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.W. of Wangford, its post town, 4 S. of Beccles, and 6 N.E. of Halesworth. The village is small and wholly agricultural. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £6 14s., and the rectorial for one of £303, and the glebe comprises 7 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £264. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is an ancient structure with a tower containing one bell. The register dates from 1539. Shadingfield Hall is situated in well-wooded grounds. John Garden, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Shadingfield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Shadingfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM428844 (Lat/Lon: 52.403805, 1.567312), Shadingfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)