"SHELLAND, a parish in the hundred of Stow, county Suffolk, 3½ miles N.W. of Stowmarket, its post town and railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated near the river Gipping, and is wholly agricultural. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £125. The living is a donative curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £40. The church was rebuilt in 1767. The parochial charities produce about £1 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Shelland to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Shelland has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM005601 (Lat/Lon: 52.202793, 0.932465), Shelland which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)