"SOTHERTON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.E. of Halesworth, 7 S. of Beccles, and 2 N.W. of Wangford, its post town. The. village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Blyth, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Uggeshall, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sotherton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Sotherton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM429790 (Lat/Lon: 52.355368, 1.565037), Sotherton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)