"SOUTHOLT, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, county Suffolk, 5 miles N. of Debenham, and the same distance S.E. of Eye, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory of Worlingworth, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is an ancient structure, and contains a brass of the date 1585."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Southolt to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Southolt has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM196692 (Lat/Lon: 52.277399, 1.21695), Southolt which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)