"SPEXHALL, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 2 miles N. of Halesworth, its post town. The village is small and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £277, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient structure with a ruined tower. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum, realised from poors' land."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Spexhall to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Spexhall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM383809 (Lat/Lon: 52.373891, 1.500063), Spexhall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)