"STANSTEAD, a parish in the hundred of Babergh, county Suffolk, 6½ miles N. W. of Sudbury, its post town, and 10 S. of Bury St. Edmund's. The village, which is small, is wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £247. The church is dedicated to St. James. The parochial charities produce about £18 per annum. E. S. Bence, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stanstead to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stanstead has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL844496 (Lat/Lon: 52.114093, 0.691495), Stanstead which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)