Stanton All Saints
"STANTON ALL SAINTS, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 2½ miles N.E. of Ixworth. The village, which is considerable, is situated on the road from London to Norwich. Petty sessions are held weekly on Monday. The living is a rectory,* with that of St. John Baptist annexed, in the diocese of Ely, value £983. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure with a square tower. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans, also National schools."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stanton All Saints to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stanton All Saints has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL965735 (Lat/Lon: 52.324404, 0.882009), Stanton All Saints which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)