"STERNFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Plomesgate, county Suffolk, 1 mile S. of Saxmundham, its post town. The village, which is small and irregularly built, is wholly agricultural, and the soil loamy. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £297. The church, dedicated to St. Mary Magdalen, has a tower and four bells. The parochial charities produce about £61 per annum, realised from town estate. There is a school for both sexes."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sternfield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Sternfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM394618 (Lat/Lon: 52.202192, 1.50267), Sternfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)