"STOWLANGTOFT, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 2½ miles S.E. of Ixworth, its post town, and 2 N. of the Thurston railway station. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £307. The church, dedicated to St. George, was built in 1370, and contains several carved stalls and monuments of the D'Ewes family. The church stands on the site of an ancient camp, near which Roman coins were found in 1764. The parochial charities produce about £1 per annum. Stow Hall is the principal residence, and was once the seat of Sir S. D'Ewes, Bart., the antiquary, and the Rawlinsons. H. Wilson, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)