"STRADISHALL, a parish in the hundred of Risbridge, county Suffolk, 11 miles from Newmarket, its post town, and 5 N.W. of Clare. The soil is a mixture of clay and loam. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £325. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. South Place is the principal residence. H. R. Homfray, Esq., is lord of the manor, and chief landowner."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stradishall to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stradishall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL738525 (Lat/Lon: 52.143575, 0.538459), Stradishall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)