"SWILLAND, a parish in the hundred of Bosmere, county Suffolk, 6 miles N.E. of Ipswich, its post town, and 5 from Claydon railway station. The village is small. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Norwich, value £227, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is old, with a Norman arch. The register dates from 1678. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum. Mrs. Cowell is lady of the manor. There is a National school."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Swilland to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Swilland has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM195526 (Lat/Lon: 52.127664, 1.204676), Swilland which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)