"TANNINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, county Suffolk, 4½ miles N.W. of Framlingham, its post town, and 6 N.E. of Debenham. The land is partly in common. The living is a vicarage* with the curacy of Brundish annexed in the diocese of Norwich, joint value £196, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Ethelbert, has a tower. It contains a brass bearing date 1612. The parochial charities produce about £60 per annum, derived from town land."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tannington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tannington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM248677 (Lat/Lon: 52.261324, 1.292954), Tannington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)