"THORINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 4 miles S.E. of Halesworth, and 8 S.W. of Southwold. Saxmundham is its post town. The parish includes No-where House, and was held by the Uffords, Cokes, and other families. The surface is generally level. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £239. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient structure with a tower. The register dates from 1561. The Hall is the principal residence."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Thorington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Thorington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM422732 (Lat/Lon: 52.303149, 1.55169), Thorington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)