"THORPE-MORIEUX, a parish in the hundred of Cosford, county Suffolk, 3 miles N.E. of Lavenham, 9 S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, and 4 N.W. of Bildestone, its post town. The village is situated on the river Brett. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £656. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1538. The parochial charities produce about 10s. per annum. H. Sparrow, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Thorpe Morieux to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Thorpe Morieux has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL936538 (Lat/Lon: 52.148497, 0.828782), Thorpe Morieux which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)