"THRANDESTON, a parish in the hundred of Hartismere, county Suffolk, 3 miles N.W. of Eye, and 2 S. of Diss railway station. The village is within the parliamentary borough of Eye. A small portion of the land is in common. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £470. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, contains armorial bearings of the Rix and Blakeby families. The parochial charities produce about £29 per annum. Sir E. C. Kerrison, Bart., is lord of the manor. A cattle fair is held on the 31st July."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Thrandeston to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Thrandeston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM117765 (Lat/Lon: 52.345327, 1.106143), Thrandeston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)