Trimley St Mary
"TRIMLEY ST. MARY, a parish in the hundred of Colneis, county Suffolk, 8½ miles S.E. of Ipswich, its post town, and 9 S. of Woodbridge. The village adjoins that of Trimley St. Martin. The parish is bounded on the W. by the river Orwell. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £470, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has recently been restored. It has a painted E. window, inserted by the widow of the late E. Julian, Esq. This church and that of St. Martin are both situated in the same churchyard. The parochial charities produce about £18 per annum, realised from land. There are day and Sunday schools for both sexes. The Wesleyans have a chapel. The Duke of Hamilton is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
|Trimley Free Church, Trimley St Mary, Congregational|
|St Cecilia, Trimley St Mary, Roman Catholic|
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Trimley St Mary to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Trimley St Mary has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM275359 (Lat/Lon: 51.974794, 1.310643), Trimley St Mary which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)