Tuddenham St Mary
"TUDDENHAM ST. MARY, a parish in the hundred of Lackford, county Suffolk, 34 miles S.E. of Mildenhall, its post town, and 3 N. of Higham railway station. The village is on an eminence. A large portion of the land is in heath. In the vicinity are the ruins of an ancient abbey. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £284. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1563. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. There is a free school for both sexes, founded and endowed by John Cockerton in 1723, which has recently been rebuilt. The Baptists have a chapel."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tuddenham St Mary to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tuddenham St Mary has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL742707 (Lat/Lon: 52.306897, 0.553286), Tuddenham St Mary which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)