"TUNSTALL, a parish in the hundred of Plomesgate, county Suffolk, 7½ miles N.E. of Woodbridge, its post town, and 5 from Orford. It contains the hamlet of Dunningworth. Much of the land is in heath. In the vicinity are some clay and sand pits. The living is a rectory with that of Dunningworth annexed, in the diocese of Norwich, value £352. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There is a free school, and the Baptists have a chapel."
"DUNNINGWORTH, a hamlet in the parish of Tunstall, hundred of Plomesgate, in the county of Suffolk, 6 miles N.E. of Woodbridge. This was formerly a distinct parish, but is now united to Tunstall. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Tunstall, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is in ruins. A fair is held on the 11th August for horses."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Transcriptions from Tunstall Baptist Chapel 1805 to 1862 contain nearly 900 entries of Births, Deaths & Burials and a Members List, covering many Plomesgate parishes & beyond.
- Scans of the original pages from the Tunstall Baptist Chapel Records provided by Terry Levett.
- The transcription of the section for Tunstall from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868).
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tunstall to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tunstall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM375555 (Lat/Lon: 52.147032, 1.470462), Tunstall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)