"UBBESTON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 6 miles N.W. of Yoxford, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Halesworth railway station. The village is situated on the river Blythe. The soil is heavy, with a subsoil of clay. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich, value £315. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The register dates from 1555. The parochial charities produce about £10 per annum. Lord Huntingfield is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ubbeston to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ubbeston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM324722 (Lat/Lon: 52.298689, 1.406979), Ubbeston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)