"UGGESHALL, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 1 mile N.W. of Wangford, its post town, and 5 miles N. W. of Southwold. In the vicinity are sand and clay pits. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Sotherton, in the diocese of Norwich, value £614. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1558. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Uggeshall to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Uggeshall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM457812 (Lat/Lon: 52.373631, 1.608638), Uggeshall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)