Wangford St Denis
"WANGFORD, a parish in the hundred of Lackford, county Suffolk, 2½ miles S.W. of Brandon Ferry, its post town, and 7 N.E. of Mildenhall. The parish is traversed by the road from London to Lynn, by way of Mildenhall. The land is partly in rabbit-warrens. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Brandon, in the diocese of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Denis. The principal residence is Wangford Hall."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- The transcription of the section for Wangford from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868).
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wangford St Denis to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wangford St Denis has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL765825 (Lat/Lon: 52.411942, 0.593251), Wangford St Denis which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)