"WANTISDEN, a parish in the hundred of Plomesgate, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.W. of Orford, and 7 N.E. of Woodbridge. Wickham Market is its post town. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £64. The church is dedicated to St. John. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wantisden to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wantisden has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM364521 (Lat/Lon: 52.116565, 1.451172), Wantisden which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)