"WESTERFIELD, a parish partly in the hundred of Bosmere, and partly within the borough of Ipswich, county Suffolk, 2½ miles N.E. of Ipswich. It is a station on the Great Eastern railway, and is chiefly within the borough of Ipswich. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £300, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. The parochial charities produce about £26 per annum, of which £10 belong to Collett's free school."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Westerfield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Westerfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM175479 (Lat/Lon: 52.086808, 1.172919), Westerfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)