"WESTLETON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 5 miles N.E. of Saxmundham, and 2½ S.W. of Dunwich. It is situated near the sea-coast, and comprises some salt marshes, and a portion of sandy heath. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Norwich, value £325, consolidated with Middleton-cum-Fordley. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The Primitive Methodists have a chapel, and there is a National school."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Westleton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Westleton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM456698 (Lat/Lon: 52.271542, 1.597961), Westleton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)