Whitton cum Thurlston
"WHITTON-CUM-THURLSTON, a parish in the hundred of Bosmere, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.W. of Ipswich, within which borough it is included, and 1 mile N.E. of the Bramford railway station on the Great Eastern line. The Stow-Market and Ipswich navigation passes through the parish, which includes the hamlet of Thurlston. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £250, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, was rebuilt in 1852. The old church of Thurlston is now used as a barn."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Whitton cum Thurlston to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Whitton cum Thurlston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM153470 (Lat/Lon: 52.0799, 1.140561), Whitton cum Thurlston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)