National Gazetteer (1868) - Ashbrittle
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ASHBRITTLE, a parish in the hundred of Milverton, in the county of Somerset, 6 miles to the W. of Wellington. It is situated near the Western canal, and contains the tything of Greenham. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £450 in the patronage of J. Quicke, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. A fair is held on the 25th February."[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
"GREENHAM, a tything in the parish of Ashbrittle, hundred of Milverton, county Somerset, 2 miles N.W. of Ashbrittle, and 5 S.W. of Milverton."
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]