National Gazetteer (1868) - Priston
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"PRISTON, a parish in the hundred of Keynsham, county Somerset, 5 miles S.W. of Bath, its post town. The village, which is of small extent and wholly agricultural, is situated to the right of the road leading from Bath to Wells. The parish includes the hamlet of Wilmington. The surface is for the most part hilly. The soil is of a loamy description. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £400, and the glebe comprises 48 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £384. The church, dedicated to St. Luke, is an ancient stone edifice, with a tower containing six bells. The church has been recently restored. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum."[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
"WILMINGTON, a hamlet in the parish of Priston, county Somerset, 4 miles S.W. of Bath."
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]