- Details of Somerset Heritage Centre holdings relating to this parish.
- Sue Redfearn has provided Photographs of Monuments and Inscriptions from South Petherton Cemetery.
- Transcripts of South Petherton Parish Records
- South Petherton Old Meeting House Baptisms,1694-1725, 1747-1770 and 1786-1837
- Roundwell Street Independent Chapel Baptisms and Births
- Roundwell Street Independent Chapel Marriages 1864-1892
- Roundwell Street Independent Chapel Burials 1868-1874
- South Petherton Wesleyan Chapel Baptisms
- Other records for the inhabitants of South Petherton are to be found in the registers of Middle Lambrook Chapel, Kingsbury Episcopy
and Bower Hinton Chapel
- The section of The National Gazetteer (1868) relating to this parish - transcribed by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from South Petherton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which South Petherton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The Ordnance Survey 1:10560 County Series 1st edition (c.1884-1887) map of the area provided by Somerset Heritage Centre.
- The Ordnance Survey 1:10560 County Series 2nd edition (c.1900) map of the area provided by Somerset Heritage Centre.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST433170 (Lat/Lon: 50.949776, -2.809067), South Petherton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)