National Gazetteer (1868) - Wayford
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"WAYFORD, a parish in the hundred of Crewkerne, county Somerset, 3 miles S.W. of Crewkerne, its post town and nearest railway station, and 7 E. of Chard. The village is situated near the river Axe. The parish contains the hamlet of Oathill. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £50. The church has recently been repewed. The register dates from 1600. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum, of which £3 go to a school. J. A. Pinney, Esq., of Blackdown, is lord of the manor."[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
"OATHILL, a tything in the parish of Wayford, hundred of Crewkerne, county Somerset, 3 miles S.W. of Crewkerne."
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]