"ALBURY, a parish in the second division of the hundred of Blackheath, in the county of Surrey, 4 miles to the S.E. of Guildford. It is situated on a branch of the river Wey, at the foot of the great chalk ridge called Hog's Back Down, not far from the South Western railway. The prospect from Albury Hill is very fine, with the sea visible in the distance."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]