Hide

An 1868 Gazetteer description of the following places in Alfold

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

 

ALFOLD

"ALFOLD, a parish in the first division of the hundred of Blackheath, in the county of Surrey, 8 miles to the S.E. of Godalming. Part of the parish is within the county of Sussex. The Arun and Wey Junction canal passes through it.

The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester, value £205, in the patronage of the Rev. L. W. Elliott. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003] These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.